Project Engineer Traffic
RHODE ISLAND/FULL TIME
Crossman Engineering, a multi-office engineering, landscape architecture, and planning firm, was established in 1983 and has grown to become a regional leader in the fields of transportation/traffic engineering and planning, civil/site engineering, water/wastewater engineering, landscape architecture, urban design & planning, GIS/asset management, environmental sciences and construction services. Crossman Engineering has offices in Warwick, RI as well at North Attleboro, MA and employs a staff of engineers, planners, landscape designers, technicians, and construction managers.
Are you ready to be part of a dynamic team working on high-profile projects in the Traffic/Transportation Engineering field? Our Warwick, RI office has an immediate opening for a Traffic Project Engineer to join our Traffic team working on a variety of existing projects and providing a great opportunity for your career growth. The ideal candidate must be a driven, enthusiastic, organized, detail-oriented engineer ready to move to the next stage of their career. The Traffic Project Engineer will play a key role in strengthening our service to a growing client base across New England by providing a key role in the technical design and development of projects while overseeing and mentoring younger staff. Collaboration within and between multiple disciplines within the company is required.
- Perform detailed engineering analysis tasks, such as traffic analysis, traffic signal sequencing, phasing, and timing; traffic data collection; technical reports; and traffic modeling and simulation.
- Prepare engineering plans including traffic signal design, intersection geometrics including Complete streets principles; pavement markings and signage; and temporary traffic control and construction staging plans
- Assist in preparation of contract documents, including plans, technical specifications, and construction cost estimates
- Provide technical assistance and lead technical aspects on multiple and a variety of transportation and transportation related projects.
- Provide responsive client service and strong communication, both internally and externally
- Work as part of our overall design team, providing technical support to offices located in RI and MA.
Education and Experience:
- A strong background in traffic and transportation engineering
- Experience in Synchro/Sim Traffic (Vissim experience favorable)
- Experience with AutoCAD (Civil3D and/or Microstation favorable)
- Proficiency with MUTCD standard and guidance
- Knowledge and experience working with RIDOT design policy guidelines and requirements preferred
- Must have 5+ years of engineering related experience (transportation/roadway/traffic design)
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering
- EIT is required; PE is favorable
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans with generous company contributions
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Professional Development
- Paid Time Off
About the Organization
Crossman Engineering is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age or any other characteristic protected by law. Crossman Engineering does not sponsor Visas. Applicants must eligible for employment in the United States of America.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org